Implementation of a quality management system involves a tremendous change in a healthcare organization. It involves each and every player in the system right from the top management to the qualified and trained doctors, nurses, technicians, paramedics, support services staff, hospital administration personnel, nursing orderlies, house-keeping staff, security personnel etc. A lot of different trainings need to be planned and provided to each one of them during the QMS/NABH Project. While the skilled staff has a lot of unlearning problems, new learning has also to be done. Unlearning the unsafe and non-standard practices and learning the standard protocols and procedures is a big challenge for all stake holders in the system.
BOC provided a customized set of training to address needs for all types of healthcare organizations. This is done by following these steps:
- Assessment of training gaps
- Training need assessment and charting out the same in specific terms
- Planning trainings
- Identifying potential trainers
- Provisioning for trainers in specialized areas for training the trainers
- Train the trainers programme, where in-house capacity building for training is done
- Conducting detailed trainings
- Training documentation
- Measuring the effectiveness of trainings
- Monitoring trainings
- Continuous trainings
- Training calendar
- Contents of training
- Training modules etc.
A variety of trainings need to be planned during the Quality accreditation project. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Sensitization training for relevant QMS/ NABH Standard
- Training of various quality committees in conduct and area of activities
- Medication safety trainings
- Infection prevention and control trainings
- Trainings in writing of quality manuals, documentation
- Training in clinical indicator programme and indicator monitoring
- Safety training
- Disaster prevention and management training, includes, Code Red, Code Black, Code Yellow, Coode Blue, Code Pink etc.
- Training in clinical audit
- Training in Medical and nursing audit
- Training in prescription audit
- Training in internal audit
- Training in regulatory compliance
- Training on legal aspect and ethical issues in consent process
- HAMAT & Spill Handling training
- Training on NABH Standards/ QMS Standards as applicable etc.
It is important to have an optimal mix of class room and spot trainings including practical demonstration, role modelling, mock drills etc where the healthcare providers are actively involved in exchanging the information and are actively involved in learning and unlearning for betterment, quality improvement and enhancing safety in operations.
BOC is fully equipped with master trainers to carry out such activities with full range of trainings. We have a lot of satisfied client organizations as well as individuals who have been trained by BOC and its trainers in various types of healthcare settings all over the country.
You can contact BOC for your training requirements for QMS/ NABH Projects.